Weis Law Group, LLC is a team-oriented boutique family law firm located in uptown Columbus, Ohio. We pride ourselves on guiding our clients through the transition of separation and divorce while protecting them, their children, assets, and income. We’re more than just attorneys – we’re allies to our clients to guide them to a new life and promising future. Our growing firm is seeking an experienced Associate to join our team.
We value our staff and offer the following*:
- Health insurance for the employee
- Disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Paid holiday leave across Thanksgiving and from December 24 through January 1st each year
- Paid CLE
- Malpractice insurance
- Partial remote office opportunity for the right candidate
*Waiting period applies. Subject to change without notice.
Our ideal candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in Family Law, a progressive candidate who is thorough, attentive to detail, self-managing, but able to take direction. Candidate needs to be licensed in Ohio or willing to become licensed in Ohio.
Your position with our firm will include:
- Assisting supervising attorneys by handling matters ranging from factual investigations, legal research, drafting motions, separation agreements, prenuptial agreements and divorce decrees.
- Conducting witness interviews
- Preparing bench memos, case outlines and other litigation documents
- Conducting depositions and second chair trial work.
- Client communication to include, phone calls, virtual and in-person meetings, and emails.
Experience, Education & Requirements:
- Must be computer literate in MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Westlaw Next, Zoom, Adobe and Centerbase.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Academic credentials required.
- Math or Accounting background is a plus.
- 3- 5 years of experience in Family Law
- Licensed in Ohio or willing to get licensed in Ohio
If this position describes you, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this exciting position, please submit a detailed resume and cover letter that includes why you are searching for a new position as well as telling us why you are the most qualified. Please also include your salary expectation. You will also be sent a skills assessment from Indeed that we are asking that you complete.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
No phone calls or walk-in applications will be accepted. Please email your resume and cover letter to us at email@example.com
Only those candidates being considered will be contacted. No agencies please!