Joining WLG December 1, 2023
Attorney Kerry McCormick brings more than 20 years of Family Law experience to Weis Law Group. She is certified as a Specialist in Family Relations Law by the Ohio State Bar Association. Over her career in Family Law, Ms. McCormick has experience in high-asset divorces, business valuations (including private equity), retirement division, spousal support, and myriad other financial situations. Ms. McCormick is a respected advocate in the contested litigation setting, as well as in an alternative dispute resolution setting.
The allocation of parental rights and responsibilities is an area in which Ms. McCormick also excels. Not only does she work as an advocate for parents, she spends approximately one-third of her practice as a Guardian ad Litem, representing the best interests of children in Family Law cases. This position has provided her with significant contact with counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists, experience in custodial and mental health evaluations, and work with different modalities to help families, including family counseling, parent coaching, and parent coordination.
Attorney McCormick works hand-in-hand with clients to navigate one of the most difficult situations of their lives. She believes in educating clients about the process they are facing, and listening to their concerns and questions. At the end of the day, Ms. McCormick’s goal is that clients are proud of the way they have conducted themselves in their Family Law matter, whether it be financial or child-centered.
- Divorce – contested & uncontested.
- Paternity & establishing parental rights and responsibilities.
- Same-sex parenting and Divorce matters.
- Child Custody.
- Child Support.
- Post-Decree modification of parental rights, custody, and child support.
- Post-Decree spousal support modification and termination.
- Enforcement of court orders (contempt actions).
- Prenuptial agreements and Postnuptial agreements.
- Domestic Violence Civil Protection Orders.
- Family Law Appeals and Objections.
OHIO COUNTIES WHERE KERRY MCCORMICK PRACTICES:
- Franklin County
- Delaware County
- Fairfield County
- Pickaway County
- Miami University (Oxford, Ohio): Bachelor of Science in Business and Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (May 1998)
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (Columbus, Ohio): Juris Doctorate (May 2001)
- Ohio Bar (November 2001)
- Columbus Bar Association – Family Law Committee (member)
- Ohio State Bar Association – Family Law Committee (member)
- American Bar Association – Family Law Division (member)